In this episode, I talk with Kenn Glenn about collecting Power Rangers toys, memorabilia and nostalgic items from his childhood (like Ziploc bags). We discuss the backstory of Power Rangers, how the show/toyline got started in the U.S., and why the show was like Saved By the Bell with Godzilla live action. We also talk about how toys have changed since the 80’s/90’s, the ratio of adults-to-kids toys in the stores, Marie Kondo-ing a collection, and Ken getting his name in the credits of a Power Rangers DVD set.
Mentioned during this episode:
- MMPR Toys: https://www.youtube.com/user/MMPRtoys
- Ranger Command Power Hour: https://twitter.com/RangerCommandPH
- No Pink Spandex: https://twitter.com/nopinkspandex
- PR Collection Info: https://twitter.com/LightningFigPR
- Ranger Board: https://www.rangerboard.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/jaylane
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/iamjaylane
- LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/digitaljaylane
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal website: JayLane.com
- Custom handcrafted Bourbon barrel heads & wood art: MadeByJayLane.com
Subscribe to the Podcast
Be a Guest on the Show!
If you have a hobby (or hobbies) that you love talking about, I’d love to have you on the show. Drop me a line!